Mobile apps demand has grown to a large extent, as more and more people are welcoming modernized technology. Developers need reliable technology to develop a new mobile application for a business that makes the time-consuming coding time-efficient and straightforward. To attain this, many developers have commenced using the cross-platform app so that they can design an e-commerce app, social apps, and interactive app.
Flutter and React native are the two leading mobile app development framework. Also, both are competing to prove that they are the host of the cross-platform app. In 2018 and 2019, Flutter and React Native was the two most hot topic.
Google introduced Flutter that is a newbie for the development of the mobile application. It has used by developers for creating a beautiful native app and cross-platform apps.
Here are some pros and cons of Flutter and React Native. It will be helpful for various startups to compare which mobile app development platform is better for them.
Pros of Flutter
- Less testing:- Same application has used for both the platforms. So, it will take less time for Quality Assurance Process to test a single application.
- Faster Apps:- Skia Graphics Library is used by Flutter. Whenever a view has changed, User Interface has redrawn each time. In Flutter, most of the work has done by GPU(graphics processing unit). Therefore, Flutter is smooth and delivers 60fps(frames per second).
- Fast Coding & Hot Reload:- Developers can make changes to the coding and will see them immediately in the application.
- Best for MVPs:- Flutter is the best option for building MVP(Minimum Viable Product) for your app if you have a short time.
- Same app UI for all devices:- All the new apps look identical on all the platforms, and there is no issue of not supporting older devices.
Cons of Flutter
- Size of App:- Size of the app developed in Flutter is large.
- Library and support not as productive as React Native:- Flutter is still new compare to React Native. Therefore, there is less functionality compared to React Native, and developers need to design their customized features.
- Risky Platform:- Flutter is open-source; still, if Google pulls the support for the project, it would be a disaster.
Pros of React Native
- Freedom of Choice for developers:- According to the project’s requirement and developer’s preferences, React Native allows developers to decide what solution they want to use.
- Less time for testing:- Same test has used for both platforms that will reduce the testing time.
- Easy to learn:- If you are using React solution previously and you are from a web development background, you can efficiently work with React Native.
Cons of React Native
- Necessary components:- React Native supports only essential elements out of the box.
- Lots of abandoned packages:- React Native has a lot of libraries. Unfortunately, they are too low.