Native app development is a process of developing separate apps for multiple platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, Blackberry. The apps formed on the native platform will work only on a particular operating system. Most importantly, the developer should create multiple versions of an app for different platforms. However, in the hybrid app development process, only a single app works on various platforms. So, it means that whether it is iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry separate app is enough for all the platforms. Native apps and web apps are combined to form hybrid apps. Here are some pros and cons of Native vs. Hybrid App:-
Let’s check here some pros and cons of the Native App vs. Hybrid App.
Native App Advantages
- Continuous performance:- As in the native app development, separate apps have developed for a particular operating system, so it works smoothly. In native app development, the programmer uses different code for different platforms with their respective programming language.
- Speed and performance:- While developing native apps, the programmer checks every aspect as it has designed for a particular platform. Applications have optimized according to that specific platform. Therefore, It achieves higher marks in terms of speed and performance.
- User satisfaction:- User satisfaction matters a lot. User satisfaction is far better in native apps compared to hybrid apps as it gives a smooth performance, which results in higher user satisfaction.
- Adaptability:- As it has developed for a particular platform, so native apps give access to various inbuilt apps like GPS, camera, calendar, and many more functions of mobile apps.
Native App Disadvantages
- High development cost:- Because it has developed for a particular platform, which means that it requires different programmers for different platforms, which results in higher development costs.
- Time-consuming:- Native app development requires more time compared to hybrid apps. Because developing an app for a particular platform with meeting all its requirements is not an easy task.
Hybrid App Advantages
- Cost-effective:- Hybrid app development requires less cost because a single app has designed in such a way that meets the requirement of all the platforms. So, it is very cost-effective compared to native app development.
- Requires less time:- The hybrid app development procedure takes very little time compared to native app development. Thus, in a short period, you will be able to get your app in the market.
- Low maintenance cost:- In the hybrid app development method, you will be able to update the content as many times as you want at a little maintenance cost.
Hybrid App Disadvantages
- User satisfaction:- Hybrid app development method lacks in user satisfaction because a single app works on multiple platforms.
- Lousy performance:- Performance of hybrid apps is weak as it adds an extra layer between source code and mobile target platform.
- Debugging is difficult:- The extra layer produces some significant issues with the debugging too. The developer has to work nicely on the targeted platform without introducing any bugs in the app.